2015 Prospecting – Dominate Your Market With Listings, Listings, Listings!
You know the facts. Most real estate business is driven by listings. The best way to prepare for success for the remainder of this year is to carry an inventory of good listings NOW. The good news for the agents that do have listings is that most listings are selling quickly and most buyers are anxious. In the coming months, pent up buyer demand will continue to break loose and the number of transactions will continue to increase. That’s all good news for agents with listings, but not good news if you don’t have them.
So, what is the best way to get listings in the second half of this year? Get as many face-to-face, phone, direct mail and e-mailing touches as you can. Here are some great examples of ways that you can “TAKE THE SHOTS”.
- Hold open houses on as many Saturdays and Sundays as possible. Use your Cup O’ Joe Open House scripts when people come to see the home.
- Call every old lead you have and, using your Cup O’ Joe scripts let them know that the time to buy is now.
- Call people in your sphere of influence or that live in your farm to announce a new listing you just signed. If you don’t have their phone numbers, print some post cards or flyers, and using your Cup O’ Joe scripts for farming, drop them off to the neighbors and ask them if they know of anyone interested in moving.
- Go door-to-door in your farm to announce the open house you’re having and using your Cup O’ Joe scripts, invite them to come to see the home.
- Visit local business establishments, use your Cup O’ Joe B-2-B script, and offer to keep the proprietors informed about market changes. Remind them to “please don’t keep you a secret!”
- Work on your website leads. The information in your Cup O’ Joe’s will help you prioritize those leads so you’re not spending valuable time and money touring unqualified prospects.
- Call past clients to get caught up with what’s been going on in their lives and update them on positive changes in real estate. Use your Cup O’ Joe scripts to ask for referrals.
- Schedule a meeting with property managers. Partner with them or just ask for their assistance contacting tenants who should be first-time home-buyers, per information in your Cup O’ Joes.
- Have a cup of coffee with successful professionals like doctors, lawyers, insurance agents and business owners. Use the Cup O’ Joe networking scripts to put them on the 24-touch campaign and show them how they can refer business.
- Go door-to-door in your farm and use your “I have a buyer” Cup O’ Joe script to ask residents if they know of anyone that may be moving because you have buyers that are looking.
- Call expired listings on the phone. Not 10 or 20 but 100. Use the scripts previously provided in your Cup O’ Joes.
- Take the time to have power lunches with your best advocates. It’s all in your Cup O’ Joe’s. Print out the strategies and away you go!