Motivating people to return your calls is an art. You can even think of it as a challenge. So, what’s the best way to get people to call you back? The following rules are a must:
- The message you leave must be different from any other message they will hear. It must stand out.
- The message must be cryptic. Remember, less is more; refrain from conveying too much information.
- The message must be compelling.
- The message must close with a strong call to action.
Let’s look at some examples:
- “Hi Mary, this is Mickey over at Magic Kingdom Realty. I just found home that isn’t listed yet so no one knows about it. It might be perfect for you. I don’t want you to miss out so call me back right away.”
- “Hi, Cinderella, this is Donald over at Magic Kingdom Realty. Walt asked me to call you. We found a house that is right up your alley. You won’t believe the price. Call me as soon as possible.”
- “Mr. Shrek; this Johnny Grinch over at Universal Realty. You asked me to let you know about any great deals. A lot of people have asked me to do the same thing, but I’m calling you first on a great deal I just found. I won’t call anyone else before 5 so call me as soon as you get this message.”
- “Hi Cinderella; this is Huey; I’m here with Lewey and Dewey. I know you’re getting married and I just finished a housing trends analysis for your neighborhood and you won’t believe what I found. Call me before you make any decisions.”
- “Hi Smokey, this is Boo Boo. You asked Yogi and I if we knew about any fire sales and we’ve found one. Call us!”
- “Mr. Hook! This is Peter over at Neverland Realty. The Lost Boys and I found a real treasure and you’ve got to see it. Call me.”
- “Alice, this is Mr. Rabbit from Wonderland Realty. I’ve got some time sensitive information I’d like to discuss with you. Call me as soon as possible.”
And lastly, for that extra difficult buyer/seller who simply refuses to return your multiple messages:
- “Mr. Michael, this E. T. I’ve left several messages and I’m getting a little concerned that you may have been abducted by aliens. Give me a call back to let me know you’re all right.”
Always remember to state your name and telephone number in the message twice. Now go make some calls!