2016 Listing Presentation: Key Point #4
Up to this point, you’ve shown your seller prospect how you’re different and why they should pick you, by pointing out the following:
- Sharing your impressive resume of production, or better yet, reviewing testimonials you have received from previous clients that are similar, or on key points they have made.
- You’ve also impressed them with the quality of your Professional Photography and Agency Quality Ad Copy.
- You’ve shown them specific examples of Strategic Plans you’ve developed that are vastly superior to what all other agents are doing.
Now, it’s time for you to discuss with your seller prospects the value of your Analytical Skills and the strength of your Trend Forecasting. These are both areas that are critical to providing your clients with the highest level of service, because there is no way they can make an informed decision about the sale or purchase of real estate without having a deep understanding of the real estate market trends that are occurring within their specific markets. This information must include a year-over-year and month-over-month contrast and comparison of the following:
- Supply- Active number of listings
- Demand– The total number of sales by area, price point and geographic location
- Consumption- The change in the month’s supply of properties based on calculations made from Supply and Demand
- Value- The changes in average price, median price or price per square foot within the specific geographic and product mixes listed above. Value is a culmination of all three points above
By sharing information that is far more detailed than simple CMA’s or reports generated from the MLS, you can prove your research capabilities and analytical skill are far superior to those presented by other agents. Because price trends play a strong role in a seller’s motivation to sell, it may be impossible for your seller to come to the best decision without having this information at their fingertips. You can use the following statement when presenting your information.
“Mr. and Mrs. Seller, I’m sure you can appreciate how important it is for you to have a deep understanding of specific market trends. If prices are likely to increase, it could make sense to wait, if prices are going down or have stabilized, that also could impact your decision to wait. The point is, you should never make a decision until you have all of the necessary information in front of you. I know you are willing to compensate your Real Estate Advisor for the services they are providing. Extensive research and analysis of data are two of the most important services I can provide to you. It never ceases to amaze me how many agents have little or no understanding of the data and trends, and still make recommendations to their clients. Can you imagine hiring an advisor to represent you, that can’t provide this information to you? ME NEITHER!”