2016 Listing Presentations (part 2)
Global Reach Local Saturation
After the Warm-Up in part 1 of the presentation, it’s important for you to confirm the objective of your seller. Most of the time there are 3 primary objectives.
- Most Money – sell the home with the best possible price with the best terms.
- Least Time – Sell the home in a reasonable amount of time.
- No Stress – A smooth process with the least amount of frustration and minimal intrusion.
Your job as their trusted advisor will be to accomplish these three objectives. It is also imperative that you explain in advance what they should expect from an agent in order to meet all three objectives. In part 2, impress upon your seller prospects how important it is for your agent and the company to give them exposure to the entire universe of buyers. Explain that the approach that you use is to cast the widest possible net. Also, one of the most important reasons that you as an agent chose your company to work with is because of its global reach and local reputation. The following is a list of possible key facts that you can use to prove your ability to cast the widest possible net and reach the entire universe of buyers.
- Your company’s brand or local market dominance – A picture is worth a thousand words, graphs and charts are great visuals.
- Your company’s affiliation to luxury groups – the strengths of these affiliations are especially power if you once again want to use charts and graphs to portray what these affiliations bring to your seller.
- Internet presence – this may be the single most important tool you bring to the table as almost every buyer looks online before they make a decision. Remember that the internet presence in luxury markets must be significantly more than just a presence through a MLS or on Realtor.com and Trulia. Luxury affiliations can be especially beneficial for a strong luxury presence on the internet.
- Print media – bring samples of actual print ads your company has run in magazines and local newspapers. Be sure to point out any obvious differences in ad size or quality as compared to the competition. Remember to emphasize that the material your showing are examples only. Then, you can bring any ads that you or your company have published in the past couple of years.
Recognize that your selling prospect is likely to have 1 or 2 other agents that are also going to emphasize their global presence. Your company’s success locally using its luxury affiliations will act as proof that your global networking is the most effective. If the numbers aren’t strong enough, at the very least you will neutralize any edge that your competition has with the global reach.
Parts 1, 3, and 4 is where it will become evident that you will become the obvious choice to represent your seller’s needs.