2016 RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT
Presenting Market Trends
As a trusted real estate advisor, you research market activity and are well prepared to share this information with prospective buyers and sellers. In fact, this information may be just as beneficial to share with everyone that you know. Think about it, everyone has been hurt by the housing bubble and economic meltdown.
- Many homeowners are underwater and owe substantially more than their homes are worth.
- Many others have seen a decline in income, some have even lost their jobs.
- Everyone agrees that the economy won’t improve or that things won’t get better until the housing industry recovers. And, the four indicators that will be most effective in predicting the recovery will be:
- Supply/active listings
- Demand/closed sales
- Consumption/month’s supply homes for sale
- Prices/average sales price per square foot
Congratulations! You have the data that everybody wants. So, how do you share that data? Use the following approach after real estate has been introduced as the topic of conversation:
“It seems like everyone I talk to wants to know what’s happening with their homes value. I’m in the process of completing a comprehensive market study (or I’ve just completed) with extensive research. I’ve analyzed the market trends and I found significant data that supports that a great recovery may be underway. I’ve shared this data with people that I know, and they’ve loved it. If you would like, I’d be happy to send you a copy of the most recent report. What’s your best email address?”
Once again, if you’re holding valuable information that everybody wants, just take the shots! You should be using this approach dozens of times every day with everyone you talk to. If you do, be prepared for your business to explode.