GREAT CONVERSATION POINTS FOR YOUR BUYERS
Several recent events have set the stage for the coming year:
- Consumers have continued to pay down debt and increase savings, leading to a significant improvement in household balance sheets.
- The extension of the Bush tax cuts have also helped improve consumer sentiment.
- Retail sales have remained very strong according to the National Retail Federation, because consumers are more comfortable with their debt.
- A recent survey of economists, conducted by Bloomberg, reports GDP expectations have risen and is now at 3.3% for the year.
- Wall Street is up 5% for December. This is almost half the 11% gain this year, and it occurred just in the past month.
- According to Steven Wienting, U.S. economist at Citi Global Markets, “Consumer Demand is self-reinforcing.”
- Companies will respond to the increased demand from sales by increasing production.
- When production increases, there is a need for more workers and hiring increases.
- More people working leads to even more demand, then more hiring, etc..
- For Northern Residents contemplating a move to a warmer climate in Florida, making a move now could be ideal because of;
- Interest Rates moving upward.
- Recent severe weather conditions up North.
- Likely improvements in the economy and employment based on the above-described considerations.