Key Phrases for Face-to-Face Networking
Agents often wonder how to capture the interest of people that are looking at listings in the window, or that call the office. The key to success in either case is to make a sensational statement, or ask a sizzling question to get them thinking about your questions, instead of how to get rid of you. Here are some examples of phrases you can use:
1. I see you’re calling (or looking at ) about our foreclosure list. Have you ever bought Real Estate at 50% off?
2. Out of curiosity, where are you from. So, is Real Estate 50% off in New York Too?
3. Have you ever bought Real Estate as an investment? If you could double your money in the next 5 years, would you be interested in hearing how? (You are not saying they can, you are asking them a question. Don’t mistake the question for the statement.)
4. Are you ever thinking of owning a home in our community (On the Shore, beach, in Florida, etc…)
5. We have a two for one special today, do you want to hear about it? No, just kidding. I just wanted to see if I could get your attention and it worked. Continue to ask about FORBES.
6. I know you’re probably on vacation, (or perhaps just looking), but are you familiar with the crazy things that have been happening here in the past couple of weeks (months) ?
7. It sounds (or looks) like you may have an interest in Real Estate, I’m terribly sorry but we’re all sold out. Could you perhaps check back with us next year? (ha-ha)
-Get away from talking so much. Instead, ask as many questions as you can, but be sure to answer their question first, then ask.
-It never hurts to break the ice or relieve the tension by adding a little humor into you delivery.
-Finally, for every response you get, ask yourself why they are answering the way they have. When you can identify the reason behind what and how your clients say something, you can figure out their motivation and build rapport much more quickly.