For some reason most sellers can focus excessive attention on the amount of commission that’s being paid to their real estate agent. If this thought doesn’t cross their mind initially, they need only talk to an attorney before the question is raised, “why am I paying so much to the realtor?”
Actually, this may be a valid question. After all, the real estate industry is not known for having a highest level of professionalism amongst the majority of agents. In fact, it could be argued that most agents never really earned a full commission. That’s why it’s important for you as a trusted real estate advisor to provide excellent service and advice.
Assuming your service is top shelf, it then becomes imperative for your to shift the sellers attention to what is most important, which coincidentally is not the commission they’re paying. Every seller should be encouraged to focus not on the commission being paid, but rather the amount of money they will take away from the closing table. Paying a little more in commission can be insignificant compared to the substantial drop net proceeds that will occur without a high degree of professionalism being offered by you. This concept can be reinforced by sharing with your sellers the importance of:
- The global network provided to attract all buyers.
- The most creative and professional marketing materials.
- The strategic planning and collaboration you will provide.
- The exceptionally strong negotiating skills that you will offer.
- The analytical and statistical expertise that allows you to craft very powerful arguments on behalf of your seller.
All five of these points will ensure that your sellers will receive maximum financial benefits from the sale of their property.