Listing Presentations – Why Should I Choose You?
During every listing presentation, the perspective seller asks themselves, “Why should I do business with this agent?” The agent that is best able to prove what they can do for the seller is most likely to get the listing. In other words, if you expect to get the listing, you must be able to provide proof that you can do a better job. The more compelling the reason, the better off you are. Consider the list of possibilities below, and identify the ones that apply to you.
- Track Record – You have more sales than your competition. If so, there’s no better proof of success.
- Community Listings – The more listings you have, the more buyers will call.
- Domicile – If you live in the community, it proves beyond a doubt that you believe in and are committed to the area.
- Lister Accompany Showings – There is no better person to present the property than the listing agent. If you attend showings while your competition sends an assistant or uses a lock box, be sure to point this out.
- Professional Photography – Compare your photography to your competition’s photos. Nothing draws more interest from buyers than great photos.
- Analytical Expertise – If you have a deep understanding of market trends and their impact on pricing, point this out and compare it to the limited knowledge of agents just printing out CMA’s.
- Reputation & Testimonials – A great relationship with buyer’s agents is imperative in maximizing the number of showings and there’s nothing more powerful than testimonials.
- Experience – If you’ve been in the industry for many years, the knowledge you’ve gained should be invaluable to the seller.
- Marketing Expertise – You can prove your marketing prowess by showing samples of brochures you’ve done. Compare them to your competitors’ material.
- Niche – If you represent one area or price point exclusively, you have a big advantage over your competition because 100% of your time is devoted to that niche.