Never Stop Closing Your Buyers
Agents continue to search in vain for a magic formula to get buyers to buy now. The bad news is, there’s no such thing as a magic pill. Agents must earn their money by using spaced repetition to get buyers off the fence. The good news is most buyers will buy if you continue to take the shot.
Each week Metamorphosis has shared compelling arguments that can be used to convince buyers. One by itself may not work but all of them together will work. Let’s look at a continuous touch program that is likely to wear down an obstinate buyer. Keep in mind we want to use everything, not just some things. Consider the following multiple touch campaign that could be used for buyers:
Step 1. Send pending and closed price information.
2. Call to discuss information.
3. Send interest rates formula (Cup o’ Joe 3-14-11).
4. Call buyer and apply the formula to their mortgage amount and individual situation.
5. Show additional costs they will incur because the interest rate went up 1%.
6. Show additional costs if the interest rate were to go up an additional 3%.
7. Send buyer the interest rate chart (Cup o’ Joe 3-11-11).
8. Call and show the buyer he average interest rate for each 10 year period since 1965. The average rate per each 10 year period proves out interest rate is artificially low at 5%.
9. Send the stock market graph (Cup o’ Joe 3-18-11).
10. Call to review graph and explain that by the time we know we’ve reached the bottom, they will lost the best selection.
11. Call to discuss graph again and then point out that the stock market recovered in just two years and ask if the same thing could happen in real estate.
12. Send buyer recaptured appreciation graph (Cup o’ Joe 4-12-11).
13. Call and explain how the buyer can exploit the impressive recaptured appreciation profit potential.
14. Send the housing affordability graph (Cup o’ Joe 3-15-11).
15. Call and explain to the buyer that home have never been more affordable.
Get the picture? Keep taking the shots until you wear the buyer down. Great strategies work best when an agent is persistent. When do you stop? When the buyer says stop or buys something else. We’ll keep sending you great strategies and you keep sending them to your buyers.