We’re in the middle of the holiday season and most people are busy preparing for or participating in holiday festivities. Other than buyers and sellers who are actively looking, it’s difficult to focus on business because of all the distractions. But, it’s actually a perfect time to share meaningful touches to reinforce relationships and even build new ones.
Instead of sharing information about business, why not try the following;
- Purchase holiday cards. Write a personal note and send them with Happy New Year wishes to your most important clients, advocates, and your Sphere of Influence.
- Attend many social holiday gatherings and have as many face-to-face communications as possible.
- Call people you can’t see during the holidays to give them a special thanks for their support this year. Also offer them warm holiday wishes.
- Drop by the homes of those extra special people and deliver Poinsettia plants as a way of saying thank you. Stop into local businesses and professional offices and leave a dish full of candy with your business card attached or a personalized 2012 calendar with your contact information.
- Participate in local gift giving or charitable donation programs using your company’s name.
- Attend family functions and be sure to let everyone know how excited you are about business in the coming year. It never hurts to ask them how their doing and to talk about your business too.
- Host a Christmas, New Year’s party, or small gathering. Talk to your guests about their plans for business in the coming year and offer to share any research or pertinent info.
Keep in mind that the New Year offers everyone a fresh start. It’s an opportunity to reflect on the previous year, improve strategies and look forward to an even better year ahead.