Have you made preparations for the coming real estate boom? 2014 will be one of the best years we’ve ever had in real estate. All the stars have aligned. Consider the following:
- Investors and savvy buyers have soaked up excess inventory. We’re almost back to 2005, when listings were scarce.
- With a supply of less than 3 months in some price points, sellers are once again enjoying the benefits of a “Sellers Market.”
- Buyer demand is way up and with millions of baby-boomers retiring every year, demand will probably explode in the coming year, and that’s the time to sell, when everyone is buying.
- Home prices nationally are expected to rise in the double-digits again in the coming year.
- Mortgage rates have dropped again, and most buyers know they’ll be rising at some point in the coming year, so there is motivation to buy now.
- Rents continue to rise at a rapid pace, making home ownership the best option, and far more desirable than paying someone else’s mortgage.
If it’s as good as we know it will be, agents that prepare now should make more money in 2014 than ever before. The best way to exploit the coming opportunities is to share the talking points above with everyone, your buyers, sellers, past clients, spheres of influence and most importantly, your best advocates. Consider using the following script to encourage everyone to take advantage of the coming boom in real estate.
(After small talk and hello’s)
Joe, I wanted to take a moment to share my thoughts with you about the real estate market. Based on my years of experience in the industry, I’m expecting next year to be one of the best we’ve ever had in real estate. (Cite some of the reasons above). Do you know of anyone that’s thinking about making a move? It makes a lot more sense to take advantage of present conditions before they change. If you happen to think of anyone, PLEASE DON’T KEEP ME A SECRET! I’ll be sure to keep you up to date about market conditions. I expect Real Estate to keep improving economic conditions and that’s great for all of us.”
Don’t miss this opportunity, as you may never have more opportunities for success than you do now.