Prospecting – Don’t Give Your Proprietary Information to Prospects
How many times have you tried to schedule an appointment with a buyer or seller who ended up putting you off by telling you to e-mail or just send the information to them? In most cases, this is a learned approach that is used to put you off or just get you to go away. If you don’t overcome this objection, it’s unlikely that you’ll get a response by just sending the information. Instead, be prepared by using some of the key phrases below to overcome the “just mail me the information” objection.
1. Proprietary Information– I would like to share the information with you, but unfortunately I’m not able to just send it as it is proprietary information that has taken extensive research on my part.
2. Relationship – This information has been put together as part of the services I offer to my clients. I’m happy to share it with you because I know you will find it most beneficial in helping you make a decision. But, unfortunately I’m not able to just give it to you unless you feel it makes sense for us to develop a relationship.
3. Facts & Figures – The information is quite comprehensive. I’ve got facts, figures and other documented information that won’t make much sense unless I review it with you.
4. Keep in mind for the future– I’m sure you’ll find the information extremely helpful in terms of answering the questions you have. If you don’t feel it makes sense to move forward now, it’s information you can keep in mind for the future.
5. Best Information = Best Decision– I’m sure you’re aware of the fact that you can’t make the best decision unless you have the best information.
6. That’s Exactly Why “Catch All”- That’s exactly why I want to come by, so I can give you specific information that relates to your question.