Although we’ve covered the Expired, Withdrawn & Temporarily Off the Market Listing Strategy, it goes without saying that a strong prospecting campaign involving these groups just may be the best way to build your listing bank for 2013. Don’t be surprised by how difficult it’s going to be to get listings in 2013. Make no mistake, if you don’t aggressively pursue listing prospects now, you will be in deep trouble next year.
Listed below is the process you should follow to secure expired listings. Please note that the best opportunities are with sellers that have let their listings expire in 2010 and 2011, as this group has been forgotten by most other agents. Also note that weekly touches or communications are a must with expired listings. Don’t expect to get much from current expired listings, as every agent, their brothers, their sisters and even their cousins are contacting them in the hopes of getting the listing. Consider the following:
- Research 2010, 2011 & 2012 Withdrawn, Expired & Temporarily Off the Market Listings.
- Run by Price, Area & Single Family or Condo.
- Delete all Sold Listings, Pending Listings and Active Listings.
- Check weekly for any new Active Listings.
- Send weekly touches via hand addressed envelopes.