Prospecting – Get Out of the Office and Be a Social Butterfly
Do you have to work had to be successful? Absolutely not! Stop thinking you have to work hard, because you don’t. You just have to work smart, not hard. You will have the most success in business when you have a passion for what you do.
How about replacing the “work hard to be successful” belief with “work smart and have fun”. Most sales professionals love people and have great communication skills. Why not apply these strengths to working hard and having fun? Consider the following:
- The best prospecting occurs with people that already like and trust you. For goodness sakes, get together with these people as much as possible.
- The best way to get people to like and trust you, is through face-to-face communications. Don’t be too busy to go to a party, play golf, or attend social events.
- Another great way to keep in touch with your sphere of influence is by phone. Before you get to the purpose of your call, ask about their family, business, recent vacations, or health. Show you care first.
- People rarely eat with someone they don’t like. Power lunches, banquets, and dinner engagements should be a regular part of your weekly schedule.
- Make real estate your passion. Nobody comes home and tells their spouse how fantastic their day was at their computer or at an inspection. Have fun and socialize as much as possible.
If you’re one of those agents who don’t have time to socialize, YOU HAVE A PROBLEM. When you say you’re too busy to network or socialize, you’re telling yourself that you are too busy to be successful, and that’s foolish. Here are a couple of affirmations that will help you make really good rain-making decisions:
- I CAN take 4 hours on Thursday to play in the golf tournament.
- I am NOT TOO TIRED to go to the cocktail party tonight.
- I DO like to meet new people and listen to their stories.
If you’re so busy being busy that you’ve stopped enjoying the real estate business, it’s time take a step back. Have fun on the golf course, tennis court, or at a social event and watch your business grow.