If you don’t already have an Expired Listing Prospecting Campaign, you’re making a big mistake. Consider that listings will drive most of the buyer and seller business in 2013. Also consider seller’s who were unsuccessful selling didn’t suddenly change their minds and decide they don’t want to sell anymore. This group is one of most productive to work with because you are focusing an inch wide and a mile deep with a group you “know” already wants to sell. All you need to do is beat out a bunch of other agents that are all doing the same thing to get these customers.
How do you do that? It’s really not that complex. Just do the opposite of what all other agents are doing. Consider the following examples:
- Everybody else is focusing on newly expired listings – Solution:- Go after the listings that expired in 2010, 2011, and earlier this year.
- Identify the status type:
- Temporarily off the market
- Scrub the data by cross checking the following status changes which will remove any properties that would no longer be considered a listing prospect:
- Now actives
- Recently sold
- Check scrubbed expired list weekly against now actives, properties recently sold, and any that may now be pending or withdrawn.
- Send bi-weekly mailer so the recipients will keep you top of mind
- What can you budget to send a bi-weekly mailer?