You know the facts. Most real estate business is driven by listings. That being said, the best way to prepare for success in the second half of 2013 is to carry an inventory of good listings into the rest of the year.
The good news for the agents that do have listings is that unlike the past several years, agents would spend a great deal of time and money on an inventory of good listings only to have the listings expire or be withdrawn because the sellers were being unrealistic about pricing. Sellers are finally getting the picture and realizing that pricing really won’t recover quickly. And, with battle scars to prove that price isn’t the only reason to sell a home, these same sellers are now looking towards what it will mean to the quality of their lives to get the sale behind them.
Most importantly in the coming months, the pent-up buyer demand will continue to break loose. Sales still won’t happen at the high prices that some sellers have been holding out for, but the number of transactions will continue to increase leading to a recovery in commissions for real estate agents that have been smart enough to GET LISTINGS!
The number one priority for the second half of 2013 is to build a bank of listings. So, how can you get listings? Get as many face-to face, phone, direct mail, and e-mailing touches as you can. Here are some great examples of ways that you can “TAKE THE SHOTS” to get more sellers and generate the best buyers from those listings:
- Call expired listings on the phone. Not 10 or 20, but 100. Use the scripts previously provided in your Cup O’ Joe’s.
- Hold open houses on as many Saturdays and Sundays as possible. Use your Cup O’ Joe Open House scripts when people come to see the home.
- Call every old lead you have and, using your Cup O’ Joe scripts, let them know the time to buy is now.
- Call people in your sphere of influence, or that live in your farm, to announce a new listing you just signed up. If you don’t have phone numbers print some post cards or flyers and using your Cup O’ Joe scripts for farming, drop them off to the neighbors and ask them if they have anyone that is interested in moving.
- Go door-to-door in your farm to announce the open house you’re having and using your Cup O’ Joe script, invite them to come to see the home.
- Visit local business establishments and using your Cup O’ Joe B-2-B script, offer to keep the proprietors informed about market changes. Remind them to “please don’t keep you a secret!”
- Work on your website leads. The information in your Cup O’ Joe’s will help you prioritize those leads so you’re not spending valuable time and money “touring” unqualified prospects.
- Call past clients to get caught up with what’s been going on in their lives and update them on positive changes in real estate. Use your Cup O’ Joe scripts to ask for referrals.
- Schedule a meeting with property managers. Partner with them or just ask for their assistance contacting tenants who should be first-time home-buyers, per information in your Cup O’ Joe’s.
- Have a cup of coffee with successful professionals like doctors, lawyers, insurance agents, and business owners. Use the Cup O’ Joe networking scripts to put them on the 24-touch campaign and show them how they can refer business.
- Go door-to-door in your farm and using your “I have a buyer” Cup O’ Joe script, ask residents if they know of anyone that may be moving because you have buyers that are looking.
- Take the time to have power lunches with your best advocates. It’s all in your Cup O’ Joe’s. Print out the strategies, and away you go!
One final note; your number 2 priority in preparation for the rest of 2013 should be to GATHER E-MAIL ADDRESSES to use with your 24-touch campaign.