Sharing Market Data To Grow Your Business
Once you’ve determined exactly what is happening in your specific markets and what the trends are, it’s important to share this information with as many people as possible. Consider the following approaches that can be used to share the information:
1. E-mail Newsletter– (See attached example.) Everyone you know should want to know what is happening with Real Estate locally, because everyone’s lives will be directly impacted by this information. Like a good Reality TV show, once you explain how the Real Estate trends will affect their financial security and the success of their business, they will look forward to receiving regular updates on market trends with your comments. A brief newsletter updating monthly trends will give you 12 of the 24 annual “touches” you should be maintaining with all contacts.
2. Local Media Contact– (use this link: http://www.tcpalm.com/news/2011/may/20/local-real-estate-market-is-likely-on-the-road-to-/
) The media is keenly aware of how valuable Real Estate information can be to their subscribers. Sharing this information with the media can lead to you becoming an expert that is quoted regarding key information on local real estate. This is a great way to brand yourself as being “The Local Expert”.
3. Prospecting– If your print out copies of your local trends report, you can either direct mail this information or physically pass it out while warm-canvasing.
4. Farming an Area– (Direct Mail). While your competition is sending information about how great they are, or what was just listed or just sold, you can be sending key market information that is of interest to everyone. This will give you a leg-up on the competition. Because information doesn’t just appeal to buyers and sellers, residents will get to know you well before they have a real estate need. You will become the name they think when it comes to real estate.
5. Socializing– In virtually every social situation the topic of real estate comes up. Now, when someone teasingly asks :”So, how’s real estate?” you will now have the most interesting information to share. You could become an instant celebrity! (Or, better yet, a Trusted Real Estate Advisor!
6. Social Networking- (Facebook, Linked-in, Blogs) The information on local trends can be very interesting and should be shared as part of your internet branding campaign. Many of your friends and clients will look forward to what you have to say now in non-intrusive mediums like Facebook.