Real Estate is a Contact Sport:
Socialize During the Holidays
It’s time to stop working so hard and start socializing! Real estate is a contact sport and the best time to have face to face contact is the holidays.
Consider the following:
- The best prospecting occurs with people that already like and trust you.
- The best way to get people to like and trust you, is through face-to-face communications.
- The best way to prospect with people that like and trust you, is face-to-face, or on the phone.
- The best face-to-face communications you can have, occurs when you’re not in a business environment, like a Christmas or Holiday party, because people aren’t as cautious outside of business.
- Go golfing, attend a party, break bread or otherwise have a good time, even it’s at a bar.
- Conduct a lot of open houses. It is the best form of cold prospecting with people you’ve never met before and provides the highest per hour work.
- It doesn’t count as prospecting if you don’t have an interesting discussion about real estate during your conversation.
- The best type of face to face is always an actual appointment with a great buyer or seller prospect.
Each week, grade yourself on your face to face prospecting. Shoot for an “A” every week to reach your potential. If you’re giving yourself a failing grade most of the time, find another business.