One of the most common mistakes that agents make is to fail to get enough information at the very beginning of the relationship they are building with a seller. It is critical for an agent to complete strategic brief questions before the agent determines the best way to get the listing. A successful strategy is only as good as the information it is built on. Ask yourself if you know the answers to the following questions before you determine the best strategy to get the listing.
Purpose Establish a long-term relationship
Identify their motivation
List their home
Sell their home
Help them find another home if applicable
1. Who are they?
2. Where do they live?
3. Why are they selling?
4. What do they like about their home?
5. What don’t they like about their home?
6. What do they like about their neighborhood?
7. What don’t they like about the neighborhood?
8. What do they feel their house is worth?
9. How soon do they want to sell their home?
10. Are there any pressing issues related to the sale of their home?
11. Are they being realistic about the value of their home?
12. Have they met with other Agents?
13. What did they like about their last agent?
14. What didn’t they like about the relationship?
15. What are they looking for in a Realtor?
16. When was the last time they sold a home?
17. When was the last time they worked with a Realtor?
18. What do they know about present market conditions?
19. Why did they contact you?
20. What do they know about you?
21. What do they know about your company?
22. How soon do they want to sell?
23. What are their plans once they sell?
24. Do they need any help after they sell?
25. What is their time frame?
26. What do you know about their Family?
27. What do you know about their Occupation?
28. What do they like to do when they’re not working?
29. What do you know about their finances?
30. Who will be involved in the Decision-making process?
31. Of everything you discussed with them, what is most important?
32. What do they think will help them the most in selling their home?
33. What are their advertising expectations?
34. How do they feel about their neighbors being involved?
35. Would they like to have Open Houses?
36. Would they consider spending money on cosmetic issues?
37. Would they like Market and Activity Updates?