Seller Considerations – Top 10 Reasons to Sell Now
Why does it make sense for home owners thinking about selling to list their property for sale now, rather than wait? Listed below are the Top 10 Reasons why now may be the best time to sell:
- The Selling Window of Opportunity – You can have the ideal home presented to the right buyer at the right price, but if the timing is off, the sale doesn’t happen.
- Limited Competition – In most markets, housing inventory levels have dropped and there are “slim pickings” for buyers.
- Selection – Because there are so few options for buyers, a desirable home will command a better price.
- Pent-Up Seller Demand – Many sellers are waiting until next year to sell. By listing your property for sale now, you can beat the rush of new homes coming to market.
- Cold Weather Up North – Take advantage of snow, sleet, and cold weather that has already motivated many buyers to begin looking in warmer climates.
- Interest Rates – Don’t assume they’ll continue to stay low. The buzz in the news is about when the Fed could raise rates. When mortgage rates go up, the number of qualified buyers will drop.
- Wealth Effect – The stock market is at an all-time high. This has prompted many buyers to move forward with larger purchases because they feel more secure. If the stock market corrects, buyers will feel like they’ve lost money and be much less likely to buy another home.
- Economic Considerations – The unemployment rate has continued to drop, and the economy has slowly improved. If this changes, the bad news will benefit buyers.
- Consumer Confidence – Consumer confidencehas gradually improved. If it starts to wane, so will the price buyers are willing to pay.
- Price Appreciation – Housing prices have risen by double-digits during the past two years. It’s a good time to embrace the old cliché, “take the money and run”. Remember, “Pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered!”