The recent financial crisis and the responses of financial institutions have been well documented. However, the crisis has done more than destroy value, it has redefined what financial institutions must do to compete and win.
The environment for financial institutions will continue to become more challenging. The industry will see reduced revenue and profit pools as the standard business model returns to being the customer-based model, with less-leveraged balance sheets, that universally characterized the banks of years past. To succeed in this new environment, financial institutions need to answer some critical questions:
- How is the structure of the financial services industry evolving?
- What new business models are emerging?
- How is this crisis changing customer behavior in terms of product preferences, risk tolerance, and the perception of financial institutions? How should we respond?
- How do we better understand and manage risks in our businesses? What is the likely impact of new and emerging regulation?
- How do we transform our cost structure to better align with reduced margin expectations?
Metamorphosis Consulting works with leading financial institutions around the country to help them improve their competitive advantage. All inquiries and consultations are strictly confidential. Through close and candid collaboration with our clients, we strive to find the most creative, cost-effective, and strategically sound long-term solutions for your business and personal life. We pride ourselves in “transforming the world one life at a time.”