“Take the Shots”
“The great one,” Wayne Gretsky, hall of fame NHL hockey players once said, “you miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.”
A recent uptick in the market indicates that 2011 may be a much better year in real estate, especially for those agents who “take the shots.” With more pent up buyer demand than I have seen in 30 years of working with real estate agents, exposure will be paramount to great success for the coming year.
Also, don’t forget that according to NAR approximately 19% of homeowners may be considering listing their homes and moving. This shadow of inventory may play a major role in the sales volume for agents who market aggressively.
Exploit these tremendous opportunities by prospecting using the sources we’ve been discussing all year.
Specifically, ask yourself:
1. How can I have more face-to-face discussions about real estate?
2. Who can I call on the phone to talk about real estate?
3. What can I mail to my buyers, sellers and sphere of influence?
4. Am I getting email addresses and what can I send via email?
5. Have I leveraged my social networks to the fullest extent?
Of course, 2011 is going to be a tremendous year for every agent who “takes the shots.”