Theory of Displacement
Every thought you have displaces another…
The Theory of Displacement can be a powerful concept to have working for you. It goes hand in hand with the principal, “The Greatest Limitations are Self-Imposed”. If you’re having difficulty with your clients ask yourself if perhaps they are assuming your limitations. Remember the expression, “A fish stinks from the head down.”
If you say: “ My seller will never price reduce”, or “My buyer won’t get off the fence”. You will be absolutely correct, because your subconscious will do everything it can to make sure you’re not wrong. Use affirmations to stimulate your subconscious.
Change negative thoughts to positive statements and control your brain.
1. They’ll never buy -to- They are going to buy.
2. He doesn’t get it -to- I’m going to make sure he understands.
3. I can’t get the sellers to lower their price -to- I’m going to develop a strategy and they will lower their price.
4. I’m so frustrated -to- I’m going to overcome this challenge.
5. This buyer only puts in low-ball offers -to- I’ll get this buyer to make a reasonable offer.