What’s a “Sheeple?”
Sheep will follow the heard with little or no thought, while people are blessed with the ability to think independently and make their own decisions. You may want to remind your buyers that being a “sheeple” is a bad strategy for getting the best price or the best selection when purchasing a home.
Warren Buffet has stated it’s virtually impossible to time the bottom of the market; rather, buyers should watch indicators very closely and continuously remind themselves that good new encourages a lot of competition from other buyers and diminishes the sellers motivation to negotiate a great price.
Pay close attention to the good news and fear it. The bottom may have already come and gone.
- Sale are up.
- Inventory levels have been declining.
- Pending sales levels are up.
- People are tired of waiting and are now moving ahead with plans.
- Interest rates remain at near historic lows but are beginning to creep up.
- 93,000 new jobs were added to the private sector in October 2010, and another 39,000 in November.
- Retail sales were up significantly on Black Friday, the day after Thanksgiving.
- A record $1 billion dollars in internet sales were logged on Cyber Monday.
- Corporate profits continue to be strong.
- Automobile sales posted strong gains last month.
- And finally, the ‘season’ and a long, cold winter are just around the corner.
Could this be the best time to buy that we may ever see???