2015 Listing Sales Strategies –Identify Your Target Market
You’ve secured your listing and have identified each of the players that can and should be part of your team. Now it’s important to consider the best way to get the property sold. Keep in mind, that each listing is unique. What works for one property, for example, a sign on a busy neighborhood street, may be a terrible strategy for your listing located at the end of a cul de sac. Also keep in mind that it’s imperative that you identify your target market.
There are literally dozens of next steps you can take to sell your listings. Let’s look at some examples of strategies you may want to consider.
- Price Reduction – Address how to get the property properly
- MLS Exposure – Be sure the photographs and remarks “sizzle”.
- Sign on the Property – The sign should stand out.
- Direct Mail – Especially send to the surrounding
- Calls to Successful Buyer’s Agents – Over 90% of the time, they’re involved.
- Company Caravan
- Broker/Agent Open House
- Weekend Open Houses
- Network with Your Sphere of Influence
- Network with the Owner’s Sphere of Influence
- Employ the Owner to Pass out Business Cards
- Attend Neighborhood Events
- Cocktail Parties or Special Events at the Property
- E-Blasts to All Agents
- Door-Knocking in the Neighborhood
- Bulletin Board Postings
- Personalized Website for Listing
- Virtual Tour of Property
- Powerpoint Presentation
- Listing Activity Announcements
- Custom Brochures
- “Just Listed” Postcards
- Maximize listing exposure on popular real estate websites like Trulia and Realtor.com
There are thousands of other next steps that could also make sense. This is why it’s so important to give careful thought every week to the next steps that make the most sense to sell each of your listings.