Don’t Make Your Contacts about Buying or Selling
One Strategy for generating leads, is to just “Take the Shots”, by asking people they know if they are thinking about buying or selling. Although this strategy works, your contacts may think that every time you call, it’s just to get business from them.
A far more efficient, less intrusive way to promote business, is to provide value to your sphere of influence and local professionals. Real estate is one of the most important assets most people own. As it’s likely we’re at the bottom of the market, why not offer to share key market activity with them. This information can be found each month in the Cup O’ Joe topics. Use the following format as a guide to grow your business by getting e-mail addresses, and to roll-out a 24 touch annual campaign.
- Warm-up with small talk– “Hello George, How are you? How’s the golf game? And the kids?”
- Get to the point– “As you know I’m very active in real estate, and I’ve been doing extensive research on market activity”
- “I’ve come across some very interesting trends with increasing values and how they may be affected by expected interest rate increase.”
- “The reason I wanted to give you a call, is because I’ve been sharing this informationwith my friends and best clients, and everybody has had really good things to say about it.”
- “I thought you would appreciate it as well. Would you like me to send you a copy? What is your best e-mail address?”
- “If I see anything else that is important, I’ll be sure to keep you in mind. It’s been great talking to you.”
The next step is easy. Just cut and paste information from the Cup O’ Joe’s. You’ll be surprised at how many opportunities you will come across.