Testimonials, the Big Miss!
An agent works night and day to give the highest level of service to their client. The client recognizes and appreciates the effort the agent has made and compliments the agent. The agent appreciates the compliment and moves on to the next project. In fact, all of the agent’s buyers and sellers have expressed their appreciation and would be more than happy to refer more business to them by letting everyone know how well they’ve been treated by the agent. Like most successful professionals, the agent immediately focuses on satisfying the needs of other clients, never thinking to ask for testimonials, which would be gladly given.
How often has this happened to you? How often have you been “too busy” to get referrals from your clients? They like you. They trust you. And, they would be more than happy to help you grow your business. But, you’re “too busy” to ask for a testimonial. Does that make any sense???
One of the most powerful forms of advertising is third-party stories, or testimonials, from people that have done business with you. How can testimonials be used?
- An agent can create a testimonial brochure with each testimonial emphasizing a different strength the agent has.
- Individual testimonials can be mailed separately.
- Testimonials can be included as a confirmation of key points an agent makes in a presentation.
- Testimonials can be added to every advertisement or promotional piece and agent sends.
- They should be added to web pages to reinforce an agent’s brand.
- They can even be posted on social media pages like Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
- Most importantly, you should be sending a testimonial flyer to everyone.
The next time you talk to anyone that appreciates the effort you’ve made, ask them to write a testimonial. If a buyer or seller permits you to write it for them, identify a key strength you’d like to discuss with your prospects and ask your satisfied client how they feel about that key point. It won’t take long to have dozens of testimonials you can put to use as described above. There’s no better way to grow your business.