2015 RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT
Make Having Fun with Your Clients a 20% Activity
Most of us grew up in a generation that believes: “You have to work hard to be successful”. What if this isn’t true and you really don’t have to work hard. What if that’s just a really silly concept and you just have to work smart? Is it possible that by saying and believing this statement is true, we’re actually convincing ourselves that we have to work harder than necessary? After all, aren’t “The Greatest Limitations Self-Imposed?
How about teaching yourself an entirely new set of principles to replace the “work hard” concept. Why not teach yourself the following:
- The best prospecting occurs with people that already like and trust you.
- The best way to get people to like and trust you, is through face-to-face communications.
- The best way to prospect with people that like and trust you, is face-to-face, or on the phone.
- The best face-to-face communications you can have, occurs when you’re not in a business environment because people aren’t as cautious outside of business.
- When you break bread, golf, party or otherwise have a good time with a buyer, seller, prospect or even someone in your sphere of influence, they feel much closer to you. People rarely socialize with agents or other people they aren’t comfortable with.
- Agents and everyone else for that matter, will do a much better job and be far more successful with something they are passionate about.
Think about this statement. So many agents:
- Don’t go to lunch with advocates because they can’t get caught up.
- Don’t take time out to golf with past clients because carving 4 hours out of their busy schedule can’t be done.
- Don’t even network at social events at night because they’re so exhausted.
How foolish these agents are! They’re so busy, being busy, these agents forget how to have fun and enjoy their clients and the real estate business. If this sounds familiar to you, it’s not too late to change your Method of Operation in 2015. Make having fun with your clients on the golf course or at an event, 20% activities. If you don’t have time, leave the less important organizational, administrative or busy work for last. If you run out of time and don’t get them done, who cares? You’ll be making lots of money. More importantly, you’ll be happy again. How about that for a new concept?
The Conclusion: HAVE FUN WITH YOUR CLIENTS, PROSPECTS AND MEMBERS OF YOUR SPHERE OF INFLUENCE IN 2015!!
Play Golf, Party, Socialize, Dine Or Otherwise Just Have A Good Time!