2016 BUSINESS MANAGEMENT
12 Principals of Success:
Rule #10 Be Progressive
As you look toward improving your business this coming year, keep in mind that replacing old undesirable habits with new, more productive habits will absolutely make the single greatest difference in your success. New more productive habits would include:
- Having written goals and a Business Plan
- Preparing written strategies for 20% activities
- Identifying the most important tasks and prioritizing them
- Daily tracking
As important to your success as all of the above habits will be, nothing is more important than making sure that you are progressive, or are always moving towards your goals. If you’re always improving, eventually you will reach your goals. How can you be sure that you are being progressive? Ask yourself a simple question for every high-priority goal or situation. “What is the next step that is most likely to get me closer to my goal?”
By constantly asking this question, you are empowering your sub-conscious to find the solutions to complex questions. Here are some examples to effectively use next steps:
- What are my next steps to getting my buyer to make an offer?
- What are my next steps to getting my seller to price reduce?
- What are my next steps for tomorrow?
- What are my next steps to getting the contract negotiated?
- What are my next steps to getting a seller to list with me?
- What are my next steps to getting healthier?
- What are my next steps to building my business?
- What are my next steps to enjoying quality time with my family?
The answers to these questions and many more like them will likely lead more success and happiness than you ever could have imagined. One caveat, if you create a list of to-do’s or next steps that is too long, you can easily be overwhelmed. Refer to rule #7 – Baby Steps and be sure to prioritize.